The job deadline for the Artists’ Union England Social Media Co-ordinator position has now passed, and we are no longer accepting any applications for this role. Thank you to all who applied.
Download this job posting as a pdf ↓
Artists’ Union England seeks a freelance part-time Social Media Co-ordinator who will work for 0.5 days/ 4 hours per week at £20 per hour to help increase the profile and grow the membership of Artists’ Union England.
This will involve:
- promoting AUE as the trade union for visual and applied artists and artists with a socially engaged practice.
- highlighting our membership benefits such as the AUE rates of pay.
- raising the profile of AUE initiatives such as the Good Practice Charter.
- profiling AUE activity in the wider arts and trade union sectors.
- developing social media campaigns about issues concerning AUE e.g. endemic low or no pay for artists.
The Social Media Co-ordinator will be responsible for planning and developing social media campaigns, crafting compelling content using videos, photos and text, scheduling posts across all our social media platforms (currently Instagram, twitter and facebook). They will make strategic recommendations on social media advertising and analyse campaign results. The Co-ordinator may also be responsible for cross-posting some of this material to our website.
Artists’ Union England previously relied on volunteers to manage social media. Our move towards a paid role reflects a need to strengthen support in this vital area of our work, to maintain continuity and to sustain delivery of high-quality results. Initial recruitment will be for a 3 month period, with review and continuation after this period.
Key activities of the Social Media Co-ordinator include:
- Produce a social media plan that promotes the benefits of joining AUE and actively recruits new members.
- Design and develop social media campaigns and strategically schedule content, targeted towards specific audiences to achieve defined results.
- Recommend and develop the use of leading social media software to develop content for the AUE.
- Monitor results and where needed recommend/implement adjustments to social media campaigns.
- Play an active role as a key member of a growing AUE freelance team, staying well-informed, contributing ideas and keeping other team members regularly updated on social media initiatives.
- Have regular meetings with a member of the AUE National Executive Committee (NEC) who will provide oversight for the Social Media Co-ordinator’s freelance work for AUE.
- To submit a written report to the NEC about work done/future work ten days prior to each NEC meeting and be prepared to speak on their reports at occasional meetings when required (the majority of meetings are virtual).
- To do a timesheet of all hours worked and forward with invoice every 4 weeks to the Treasurer.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least three years’ experience as a social media Co-ordinator.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Proven skills in creating successful social media strategies and crafting compelling social media content.
- Good design skills with ability to build on Artists’ Union England design and branding.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in developing and scheduling social media posts for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- A keen interest, awareness of and engagement with the arts and trade union movement – the key focus for Artists’ Union England.
Applicants will largely work from home but should be free to travel to London or other parts of the UK for occasional face-to-face meetings and to cover occasional events. AUE will cover any pre-agreed travel costs.
We encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented groups, including women, Black and minority ethnic people, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and younger and older people.
How to apply:
Please send a cv with a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining your interest in the post(s) you are applying for and what skills and experience you could bring to the role. Applications should be sent as email attachments to email@example.com with Job application in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 29th September.
← Back to all current job vacancies