In order to join Artists’ Union England:
- You have to be a professional visual, applied, or socially engaged artist
- You have to live and work in England, and for a minimum of 6 months
In addition, you need to meet at least 3 of the criteria below:
- You are regularly making and exhibiting artwork
- You have received professional grants or awards
- You are involved in organising self-created professional opportunities, for example, running an artist-led studio or project
- You have a degree/BTEC/Diploma in visual or applied arts at undergraduate and/or post-graduate level
- Your work is socially engaged, you work as a participatory or community artist.
- You have been commissioned as an artist by a public institution
- Your artwork has been purchased by a public collection
- Your artwork has been reviewed or featured in an art journal, magazine, newspaper or on-line curated platform
- You are represented by a gallery
- You have taken part in a recognised residency or artist placement scheme
Please see our FAQs for more information.The membership fee is currently set at £42 per annum.