The job deadline for the Artists’ Union England Office and Finance Co-ordinator position has now passed, and we are no longer accepting any applications for this role. Thank you to all who applied.
Download this job posting as a pdf ↓
Artists’ Union England seeks a freelance part-time Office & Finance Co-ordinator who will work 1 day / 8 hours per week at £20 per hour.
They will supervise the smooth running of Artists’ Union England. This will include 10 minutes per day looking at and responding to emails and liaising with the Secretary and Treasurer regularly.
Initial recruitment will be for a 3 month period, with review and continuation after this period.
- To look at and respond to emails in the AUE Gmail box (10 minutes per day).
- To assign casework and track outcomes.
- To continue to develop the AUE database.
- To work with the National Executive Committee (NEC) to develop sustainable administrative systems and to take forward priorities set.
- To work closely with the Treasurer to ensure recurring commitments are dealt with in a timely manner, collaborate in budget setting, and other financial administration and to support the Treasurer as required, including temporary sickness or other cover.
- To gather and collate Newsletter content and to send out.
- To help with the administrative implementation of possible future joint union agreements (working with the Secretary and Treasurer).
- To work closely with the Secretary and Treasurer as required.
- To liaise with the Social Media Co-ordinator and other Officers and NEC as required.
- To submit a written report to the NEC about work done/future work 10 days before each NEC meeting and be prepared to speak on their reports at occasional NEC meetings when required (the majority of meetings are virtual).
- To do a timesheet of all hours worked and forward with invoice every 4 weeks to the Treasurer.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least three years’ experience working in an administrative role.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of databases and Microsoft Office Suite/Google Drives and advisable to have good working knowledge with Stripe and Membership Pro.
- A keen interest, awareness of and engagement with the arts and trade union movement – the key focus for Artists’ Union England.
Applicants will largely work from home but should be free to travel to London or other parts of the UK for occasional face-to-face meetings and to cover occasional events. AUE will cover any pre-agreed travel costs.
We encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented groups, including women, Black and minority ethnic people, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and younger and older people.
How to apply:
Please send a cv with a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining your interest in the post(s) you are applying for and what skills and experience you could bring to the role. Applications should be sent as email attachments to email@example.com with Job application in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 29th September.
← Back to all current job vacancies