- Artists’ Union England believes Art Education in society should be fully funded and with free access for all.
- The role of Art Education in society should be positively promoted.
- Art and culture should be seen as a essential part of the core curriculum in schools.
- Commitment from government to ensure access, availability and adequate funding for further and higher education art courses is critical to ensuring equal access for all.
- Student fees should be abolished and free access to further and higher education courses be implemented.
- AUE rejects the current corporate vision being implemented for the arts in education by government and institutions and rejects privatisation of educational services and facilities.
- AUE will continue to lobby government from all parties in order to ensure fair and equal access to education for all.
June 9th 2015
Download AUE Education Statement
Ref: Warwick Commission: February 2015 (“Enriching Britain: Culture, Creativity and Growth”).
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/commission_says_arts/ Regarding young people from disadvantaged backgrounds going into the creative industries
Ref: NESTA report on policy recommendations to government.